NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
#PushForFans Let your voice be heard!
As the season draws closer, we continue to hope that the IDPH increases the number of spectators allowed at Dickinson Field. Right now only 50 are able to cheer on our teams which include over 60 Varsity, over 40 Sophomore, and over 50 Freshman players.
If you want to do more than hope, please reach out to the IDPH and Governor's office and tell them it is safe to have at least 25% capacity OUTDOORS at a high school football game. Let your voice be heard!
IDPH: 217-782-4977, press 9
Governor's office: 217-782-0244
Also please consider signing this petition: https://www.ilhousegop.org/fans
Red Devil Football Family!
We are BEYOND excited to get started next week! The last 3 weeks have been a whirlwind as we have worked diligently to figure out the logistics to have a safe and productive football season this spring. The work has been done and now it’s time to compete for a championship! There are a few updates I wanted to give as we get prepare to start with next week:
If you haven’t signed up on 8to18 – you MUST do it today!
• Please make sure that you have an up-to-date physical, you will not be able to practice until you have one!
• Masks must be worn at ALL TIMES. We will provide one that hooks on your helmet, but you will need one for when you are moving about the building or when your helmet is off.
• All players will need a 5-Pad Girdle (or a 7-pad girdle if you prefer) by March 5th as well as a pair of cleats. All other equipment will be given out @ practice or was given to you in the fall.
• Players coming from another sport will just need to make sure they have 10 practices for football before the first game. That means during the 2-week overlap you will have to come to 5 practices. We will work with you to make sure you are ready to go!
• We will have practices and a game during spring break. To maximize our 6 game season I strongly encourage you to plan to be here during that time.
• DRESS WARM! We have tried to secure indoor facilities at three different venues – none of which had times that worked for our needs. Fieldhouse availability is limited – so as long as it’s warm enough and the field is cleared we will be outside.
• Please continue to make decisions at home that give us the best chance to have a season. The lower numbers get and stay the more likely we are to have more freedoms throughout the season. Do your part!
Here is the schedule for the first three weeks of the season:
It’s a great day to be a RED DEVIL!
NEWS > Michigan State center Matt Allen returning for sixth season
By Matt Wenzel | email@example.com
Matt Allen will remain a member of the Spartans for another season.
The Michigan State center will return for the 2021 season and his sixth year with the program, coach Mel Tucker said on Thursday afternoon. Although Allen has already been with the team for five years and played in four, the NCAA in August granted all fall sports athletes an additional season of eligibility due to COVID-19.
Allen started the first game this season but missed the final six due to an unspecified injury as the Spartans finished 2-5.
“He’s always represented this program with great pride and class and respect,” Tucker said ... READ FULL STORY
NEWS > Army's Johnson captures gridiron glory
Hinsdale Central graduate embraces mission as team co-captain during pandemic
By Ken Knutson
Mike Johnson's final campaign as a member of the Army football program was cloaked in uncertainty when training camp began last June.
How many games would the pandemic allow? Would there even be a season?
The season not only went on, but it produced a legion of memorable exploits for both the Black Knights and their starting left guard.
"We just had a kind of mindset that we were going to prepare and plan, do our workouts and if ever anything were going to come up, we were just going to go forward," Johnson ... READ FULL STORY
NEWS > #RedDevilsAlum Kramer Named to Rimington Watch List
The Rimington Trophy Committee named Illinois senior C Doug Kramer
to the Rimington Trophy watch list it. It is the third career watch list for Kramer who was named to the 2019 Rimington watch list and the Wuerffel Trophy watch list earlier this season.
THE RIMINGTON TROPHY
The trophy is awarded annually to the player considered to be the best center in college football. It is named after Dave Rimington who was a consensus first-team All-America center at the University of Nebraska and is the only two-time winner of the Outland Trophy. The winner of the Trophy is award to the center that receives the most first team votes.
Last ... READ FULL STORY